Friday, February 1, 2013

la piedra parada

I couldn't go longer without including Ariel & Chris's trip to Argentina. I haven't heard many details, and perhaps they will post some pics somewhere, but it involved flying into Buenos Aires, camping along the Chubut River, climbing, and lots of beef. La Piedra Parada is in the Patagonia region, the southern part of Argentina and Chile. The comparable coordinates for their location in the Northern Hemisphere, by my calculation, would be in the Sea of Maine, east of Portland. The climate should be their equivalent of our midsummer. I don't know how they got there from Buenos Aires. I'm pretty sure they went there on their own and the map shows a web of roads somewhere about 1200 miles from Buenos Aires, closer to the Andes than the coast, about half way from Buenos Aires to Tierra del Fuego. I think they were there a good week or so. So here's one pic of them and a video I thought might show something of what they experienced. Maybe they will add something?




Petzl RocTrip Argentina 2012 - Official Teaser from Petzl-sport on Vimeo.



No comments: