Monday, April 27, 2009

over the top

Ry has gotten to the point where he is wearing a cup under his uniform and watching ESPN instead of the Disney Channel. We finally had to put our foot down. The new rule is that he has to wear pajamas at night, not Jack's uniform. Still, I love to see him gear up in the catcher's equipment. Right now he's in his pajamas and playing with his bakagans for a change.

We have tickets for the Isotopes on Saturday.

Jack has a school year-end performance and he made sure he had "speaking parts."

Ariel's with Chris this weekend. They were about to go mountainbiking when I called.

This past weekend we began the playhouse. It's really Phase I, a raised platform. A small dome tent I bought at a neighbor's garage sale for $5 can sit on top of it, so there's no immediate plan for Phase II. The boys and I went early Saturday to the lumber store before Jack's ball game. The weather was sunny and warm. The neighbors were out and we talked to some we hadn't seen in months. We potted some plants and later we grilled. We visited Grandma and Papa on Sunday after an early church and church donuts and after cutting some lumber. Jackson told me to measure twice and together with Ry he hammered nails into some waste stock. In Belen we grilled some steak and chicken, with some green beans, mashed sweet potatoes, salad, bread and wine.

I perked up in mass during the gospel reading. It reminded me of the story about the Road to Emmaus. I think Jesus was enjoying a good joke in that one, but that's probably not the Catholic reading.

No comments: