Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Into the new year

Just some short notes on some events.

Ariel is here. We had a wonderful day in Santa Fe skiing. We left early in the morning with coffee and hot chocolate ("nana") and scones. Jackson had his first lesson. He was very excited about it. I spent some time with Ariel as we took the chairlifts up for a few runs. Reminded me of years ago when we'd sit together on the chairlifts going up the mountain. Feeling the cold. Listening to the wind through the trees. Watching the skiiers. Eating oranges and frozen Snickers. Catching up. She's a much better skiier. I did okay but whenever I noticed I was picking up some real speed, I'd think about how hard the mountain would feel if I fell on it. Cyndi and I traded off skiing with Ariel and watching Rylee in the lodge. (This was the first time in a long time that Cyndi was on the slopes. Before our honeymoon on the same slopes, joined by our family and friends, Cyndi would ski almost every weekend.) We stopped in Santa Fe on the way back and had a warm dinner. Pictures will be published soon.

Ariel had an article published. Try this link. I also just saw that Chris and Ariel published some more pictures of their most recent glacial adventure. The link is on our webpage.

Jackson's back in school. Rylee is well, as long as he's wearing a number shirt. Cyndi and I are training for a half marathon in Phoenix in early March.

No comments: